[Orgmode] problem with org-remember

From: Christian Wittern
Subject: [Orgmode] problem with org-remember
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 11:40:30 +0900

Hi there,

Today I stumbled over a strange problem, to which I did not found a
solution.  I am using Emacs 23 on Mac OS X and on Ubuntu (9.10) with a
nearly identical setup (thanks Dropbox!).
On the Mac machines, remembering with org-remember works wonderful and
makes me happy; but on the Ubuntu side, I am running in an error
"wrong-number-of arguments", which can be traced to the following call
(org-remember-mode 1) in this form:

        ;; Turn on org-mode in the remember buffer, set local variables
        (let ((org-inhibit-startup t)) (org-mode) (org-remember-mode 1))
        (if (and file (string-match "\\S-" file) (not (file-directory-p file)))
            (org-set-local 'org-default-notes-file file))
---
  (this starts on line 543 in the current version of this morning)

The call itself looks unsuspicious to my inexperienced I and I have
now idea why Emacs would complain about it in Ubuntu and not in Mac
(there is a very slight difference of about two weeks between
compiling them), so I really have no idea what went wrong and how to
fix it.

As always, any help appreciated,

Christian
--