[Orgmode] Re: Confusion about TODO tags

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Confusion about TODO tags
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 20:12:52 -0400

Chao Lu <address@hidden> writes:

> Why we need the tag-todo, what's the difference between the tag-todo
> and if I define a tag named with TODO?

I could not find a "tag-todo" anywhere in the manual. Are you referring
to the "tags-todo" search discussed in the documentation for
org-agenda-custom-commands? If so, this search returns all active TODOs
that match a given tag.

> And is it possible when I change the state of one task to done, it will
> be archived automatically?

(add-hook 'org-after-todo-state-change-hook
          (lambda ()
            (when (string-match org-looking-at-done-regexp state)
              (org-archive-subtree-default))))

> Besides, how could I modify the behavior of the archive function, since
> I found the item
> -----------------
> *** blabla after archive, will be changed to
>
> * blabla
> properties
> -----------------
> which I do not like so much.

I assume you mean:

,----
| * blabla
|   :PROPERTIES:
|   :ARCHIVE_TIME: 2010-03-23 Tue 20:10
|   :ARCHIVE_CATEGORY: blaaahhh
|   :END:
`----

If you want to avoid the context properties, use the following setting:

(setq org-archive-save-context-info nil)

Best,
Matt