Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] org-mime -- using orgmode to send html mail?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] org-mime -- using orgmode to send html mail?
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 20:49:36 -0600

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Thanks.   I've pulled and it now works better, in that the HTML
> element is now not-nil.  However, it's not quite right and other
> aspects are still not working.  I'm attaching three files: the original
> org file I'm using to test the mime encoding, a small image used for
> the test, and the resulting message I receive when I've sent the
> result of mime exporting.
>
> There are definitely problems in encoding images, whether one
> explicitly linked to in the org file or one created for latex
> equations.  Some (maybe all?) of the problems may be due to
> Wanderlust.  I imagine you don't use WL so if there's any help I can
> provide in debugging this combination, please let me know!

Yes, there absolutely is something you can do to help.

I think you're right that my poor WL syntax is most likely the problem.
All of the WL specific syntax is in the `org-mime-file' and
`org-mime-multipart' functions.  To start could you try replace the
'semi portion of the case statement in `org-mime-multipart' with the
following (I'd paste the whole function but it'd break my outgoing gnus
email) the syntax here is updated based on a function from
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WlFaq#toc10.

('semi (concat
            "--" "<<alternative>>-{\n"
            "--" "[[text/plain]]\n" plain
            "--" "[[text/html]]\n"  html
            "--" "}-<<alternative>>\n"))

That *should* fix the exportation of html portions w/o pictures, the WL
syntax in `org-mime-file' will need to be fixed for image attachments.

> I do note that the text contents for the email created in the buffer
> do differ from what I get when I explicitly insert attachments.

yes, hopefully once these are brought into line then org-mime will work
for WL as well as gnus.

Thanks -- Eric