Re: [Orgmode] Howto generate LaTeX footnotes using \footnote{}

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Howto generate LaTeX footnotes using \footnote{}
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 16:15:22 +0100

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 14:34:46 +0200, Robert Hennig <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear orgmode list!
>
> I'm would like to generate LaTeX footnotes
> using the LaTeX macro \footnote{} if I export
> the org-mode document to LaTeX. What do I have
> to do - now I only get a plain '[..]' and the
> footnote comes at the end of the document.
> (I like to have the footnote on the page where
>  it is referenced, he LaTeX \footnote{} should do this.)
> Digging into the code I found the \footnote, but I'm
> not this familiar to figure out howto actually
> I could reproduce the desired behaviour.
>
> Thank you a lot for the wonderful world of org-mode!
>
> Yours,
>
> Robert Hennig

how are you inserting the footnotes?  this works /out of the box/ for
me.  E.g. the following

* footnotes
  The important citation[fn:1: this is an interesting source] is
  necessary to convince others of their[fn:2: whoever they may be] interest.

together with a preamble template as inserted at the beginning of the
file using "C-c C-e t", generates the following latex:

\title{footnotes}

\begin{document}

\maketitle

\setcounter{tocdepth}{3}
\tableofcontents
\vspace*{1cm}
  The important citation\footnote{this is an interesting source } is
  necessary to convince others of their\footnote{whoever they may be } interest.

I inserted my footnotes using "C-c C-x f".

HTH,
eric
--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D