Re: [Orgmode] MobileOrg for Android starts to become really usable

From: Matthew Jones
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] MobileOrg for Android starts to become really usable
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 14:43:39 -0400

Go to:  Settings -> Applications -> Application settings -> check "allow installation of non-Market applications"

then browse to the github wiki page with your phone's browser, click on and download the apk, when it is through downloading just tap the file and it should start the install.

73,
Matthew W. Jones (KI4ZIB)
http://matburt.net

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Enrico Indiogine <address@hidden> wrote:
Greetings!

2010/5/28 Sven Bretfeld <address@hidden>:
> I had a look at matburt's Github today and found the new 0.4alpha-build.
> Now, MobOrg4And supports the capturing of notes. That's what I was
> waiting for all the time. I can say that Note capturing works on my HTC
> Magic, albeit I had little time so far to test it more than once or
> twice.

I am a new Android user.  I have a Sony-Ericsson Xperia X10 from
Rogers.  I do not really like the interface, but that is off-topic,
but sure I would love to put a recent generic version of android on
it.

Anyway, I would like to install MobileOrg for Android.  I know how to
install apps from the Android Market using the phone directly.  I do
not know how to install apps using Github.  I have looked for
instructions but have not been able to find them.

I use Linux Ubuntu 10.04 as computer OS.

Thanks,

Henri-Paul

----
Mathematics Education
Texas A&M University

Email: address@hidden
Skype: hindiogine
Website: http://www.coe.tamu.edu/~enrico

"Rien ne va de soi.  Rien n'est donné. Tous est construit."   Gaston
Bachelard, 1934