Re: [Orgmode] Re: Fwd: Checkboxes in Agenda

From: Nick Parker
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Fwd: Checkboxes in Agenda
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:25:18 -0500

Tassilo,

The root item is in fact a TODO item with a scheduled date, I have just been using checkboxes as children of the root TODO item for tracking the individual work items related to the TODO.  So for example:

* TODO Prepare for trip
[ ] pack clothes
[ ] print boarding tickets
[ ] turn on alarm

I suppose could swap out the checkboxes for two stars instead, I was just asking.

Nick Parker
www.developernotes.com

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:42 AM, Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:
Nick Parker <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Nick,

> Thank you for your reply.  Was it intentionally designed to keep
> checkboxes out of the agenda view or is it just that way because no
> one has submitted a patch to provide that yet?

I guess, that's intended.  If a checkbox item is such a big task that it
deserves its own DEADLINE/SCHEDULED/normal date, then you should have
used a TODO heading in the first place.

Bye,
Tassilo