Re: [Orgmode] org-babel-tangle-w-comments has no effect in R?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-babel-tangle-w-comments has no effect in R?
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 14:02:28 -0700

Hi Rainer,

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

[...]
>> I think that moving forward it might make sense to remove the
>> org-babel-tangle-w-comments variable, as it's confusing to have two
>> points of control for comments during tangling.  Also, it looks like I
>> need to add the :comments header argument to the babel documentation.
>>

> Both points agreed.

Great, I'll put together a patch removing this variable.

> In addition: is it possible to customize the format for all comments
> (on a per file basis and / or a per block basis)? i.e. I don't need
> the file name, as all blocks are coming from one file. I know about
>
>   #+srcname: <name>
>
> but is there a variable for the line number (I guess that is covered by the
> request posted in another thread) one could use?

We could very easily introduce a customizable
`org-babel-tangle-comment-format-string', in fact I think this would be
a very good idea.

> Also, would it be possible to include a link in the comment block, so
> that clicking on that link actually opens the org-file file at the
> location of the source block? That would make editing the code really
> easy.

That was the goal of the current comment syntax, unfortunately I don't
know of a good way to activate Org-mode style links in the comments of
source code files.  Rest assured once that feature exists (and I know
about it) we'll have such links.

Best -- Eric