Re: [Orgmode] [BUG] org remember broken

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [BUG] org remember broken
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 11:52:51 +0200

Applied, thanks.

- Carsten

On Jul 16, 2010, at 5:25 PM, David Maus wrote:

Carsten Dominik wrote:
Hi Thierry,

I cannot easily see why org-decrypt-entry is being called, and if it
is being called in
the remember buffer or where?

Anyway, most of us are moving to org-capture, so I would be more
inclined to look into this if this is still an issue in
org-capture....

Looks like this is not a problem of org-remember.  After archiving
DONE items (C-u C-c C-x C-s) I get a similar error:

,----
| Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Before first headline at position 1 in buffer projects.org") | signal(error ("Before first headline at position 1 in buffer projects.org")) | error("Before first headline at position %d in buffer %s" 1 #<buffer projects.org>) | byte-code("\300\301`p#\207" [error "Before first headline at position %d in buffer %s"] 4)
|   org-back-to-heading(t)
|   org-decrypt-entry()
|   run-hooks(org-reveal-start-hook)
|   org-reveal()
|   org-advertized-archive-subtree((4))
|   call-interactively(org-advertized-archive-subtree nil nil)
`----

Attached patch fixes this by modifying `org-decrypt-entry' to silently
do nothing if point is before first heading.

HTH
-- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6