Re: [Orgmode] Re: Installing/updating org on the mac woes

From: Juan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Installing/updating org on the mac woes
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 16:06:35 -0300

This is what I do.

I use emacs 24 (downloaded from emacsformacosx.com), not aquamacs
emacs.

I make a local copy of Makefile with the following changes to the header:

  ##----------------------------------------------------------------------
  ##  YOU MUST EDIT THE FOLLOWING LINES
  ##----------------------------------------------------------------------

  # Name of your emacs binary
  EMACS=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs

  # Where local software is found
  prefix=/Applications/Emacs.app

  # Where local lisp files go.
  lispdir = $(prefix)/Contents/Resources/lisp/org

  # Where info files go.
  infodir = $(prefix)/Contents/Resources/info

So I compile using this makefile:

  make -f my_makefile clean
  make -f my_makefile
  make -f my_makefile doc
  sudo make -f my_makefile install

The bad thing is that I have to update this makefile every time a new
version comes from the git repo. This happens with enough low
frequency as to avoid me finding a better way.

Regards,
.j.