Re: [Orgmode] hiding PROPERTIES line

From: Ilya Shlyakhter
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] hiding PROPERTIES line
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 12:35:18 -0400

> to 100% hide the :PROPERTIES: drawer while giving the user a hint that
> there is one...

What about a command to hide/unhide _all_ :PROPERTY: lines?
Then they're out-of-the-way in ordinary use, and you can do the
command and see if there's a property
drawer on a given entry.

Better, you would hide all :PROPERTY: drawers that contain only
specified properties.
Then you could have tree-wide properties (such as entry creation or
modification times) for every entry,
without cluttering the tree.   You could set the entry creation
property at creation time, and entry
modification property at save time (by seeing which entries have
changed since last save).
Then you could quickly find recently-modified entries either globally
or in a given subtree.

Also, it would be good to have a command to hide :LOGBOOK: lines in
the same way.
Usually they're only needed for computing time totals spent under each
tree branch,
but you don't care about the details recorded in a given :LOGBOOK:
drawer.   More generally,
you could have a list of "hideable" drawers that are completely
hidden/revealed by the command,
unless they meet a condition specified by a callback function.

Would that be hard to add?

thanks,

ilya