[Orgmode] Re: Src blocks fontification issue

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Src blocks fontification issue
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 15:48:36 -0700

Julien Fantin <address@hidden> writes:

> First congratulations on adding in-line fontification to source
> blocks, that's a great addition.
>
> However, since I pulled those changes, a recurring issue I've been
> having has become even more annoying.
>
> When opening an org file, some src blocks headers don't seem to get
> parsed properly, and now as a result, don't get fontified.
> They are functional though, since they properly get tangled, and C-c '
> performs as expected.
> If I edit the header line, or the ones directly before and after it,
> the block gets back to normal.
>
> Here is a screenshot to make things clearer, as you can see there are
> no differences in formatting, and those properties drawer don't have
> anything weird, just a single ID.
>
> http://imagebin.org/112413
>
> I was meaning to post a screenshot with whitespace-mode on to stress
> that there are no apparent formatting differences, but it turned out
> activating it fixed the issue !
>
> Not sure what I can do to further help debugging this ?

Hi Julien,

I don't have any clever ideas about this, so I'm just going to suggest
the obvious: first a sanity check that it doesn't occur with emacs
-Q. Then some sort of quasi-binary search through your emacs
customisations. It looks like you're storing your emacs customisation in
an Org file, so you can knock out entire trees with :tangle: no
properties.

Dan

p.s. On a completely unrelated note, if you haven't already tried it:

(add-hook 'emacs-lisp-mode-hook 'pretty-lambdas)

where the `pretty-lambdas' function is in starter-kit-defuns.org at
git://github.com/eschulte/emacs-starter-kit.git

(defun pretty-lambdas ()
  (font-lock-add-keywords
   nil `(("(?\\(lambda\\>\\)"
          (0 (progn (compose-region (match-beginning 1) (match-end 1)
                                    ,(make-char 'greek-iso8859-7 107))
                    nil))))))