Re: [Orgmode] how difficultwould it be to support zotero in org?

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] how difficultwould it be to support zotero in org?
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 16:55:47 -0400

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Scot Becker <address@hidden> wrote:
Another Zotero + org user here.  Right now I do what Christian does: export Zotero to slightly tweaked BibTeX, and insert with RefTeX's amazingly cool reference-insertion interface (another genius piece of work by Carsten).
i'm getting nearly convinced to go this route.  May I ask, do you use reftex from within org?  I'm not quite sure on how that would wok (but also I'm not that familiar w/ the latex parts of the documentation...).

I can think of two profitable ways to make inserting references from one's Zotero database into org-mode notes better, and one further way that org-mode could be more tightly linked with Zotero.

1)  A utility (presumably part firefox plugin) which keeps a BibTeX file in sync with one of Zotero's collections.
sounds great.

2)  a org-mode-specific plain-text citation mechanism, analogous to BibTeX, but useful for both LaTeX and non-LaTeX exports.  It would presumably have a CSL backend, and work the way that citeproc-hs works for pandoc.  Presumably it could also use a RefTeX-like interface for citation insertion.
yes, this would be the very best thing.

3) Easier ways to take reading notes (in org) on items in the Zotero database, with two way linking.  (Thanks already for the tips in this thread.)
ditto!  that would be super.
wish i were in a position to createthese tools myself.
matt