Re: [Orgmode] questions about table mode and spreadsheets

From: Juan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] questions about table mode and spreadsheets
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 21:56:53 -0300

A very complex way of not adding the extra column:

| name | a  | b | c |
|------+----+---+---|
| foo  | 1  | 2 | 3 |
| bar  | 3  | 2 | 1 |
| bar  | 4  | 5 | 6 |
|------+----+---+---|
|      | 7  |   |   |
#+TBLFM: @5$2='(apply '+ (mapcar* (lambda(x y) (if (string= x "bar") y 0))
'(@address@hidden) '(@address@hidden)));L

 * the two arguments at the end are the name and a columns: '(foo bar bar) and
'(1 3 4)
 * the lambda function returns the second argument if first is "bar", 0
otherwise.
 * mapcar* applies the lambda function to arguments from the 2 lists.
 * apply '+ adds the resulting list

Regards,
.j.