[Orgmode] Re: org-babel and empty code blocks : publishing html

From: Richard Riley
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-babel and empty code blocks : publishing html
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 19:24:27 +0200

Erik Iverson <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric Schulte wrote:
>> I'd think adding an ":exports none" header argument should be
>> sufficient.
>>

> If the code block is empty, I doesn't appear so.
>
> If you put in a literal
>
> nil
>
> in the code block, then :exports none does as expected.
>
>> Best -- Eric
>>
>> Richard Riley <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> On my journal capture template I include a #begin_src and #end_src block
>>> as I frequently want to journal code. Being lazy I dont
>>> necessarily want to delete this block even if I have no code in that
>>> org-entry. Is it possible to suppress the output "nil" which is
>>> generated for the html export for empty code blocks?

Hmm, I think maybe I am getting confused here then. Maybe its better if
I show an example:-

,----
| **** TODO weather in agenda
|      SCHEDULED: <2010-09-10 Fri>
| :PROPERTIES:
|  :DateCreated: <2010-09-09 Thu 15:07>
| :END:
|
| test me one two 3
|
| #+begin_src emacs-lisp
| #+end_src
|
| More test
`----

Note the empty src block. When I export to html I dont want this code
evaled (it isnt when there IS elisp in there - I just see the code as
nicely HTML'd) and I dont want a nil in the output when its empty.

cheers,

r.