[Orgmode] Re: org-babel matlab example

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-babel matlab example
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 11:29:18 -0400

etimecowboy <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I am learning to use org-babel to evaluate in-line Matlab code block,
> but I cannot make it works when I press the "C-c C-c", nor "C-c C-v
> e".

What happens when you try C-c C-c or C-c C-v e ? There is an issue with
matlab and octave: they return the value of the last /unassigned/
computation, so simply ending the code block with a variable name "x" is
not enough. Could you try one of the following schemes please, and let
us know if that solves it:

#+begin_src matlab :exports results
n = [1:10];
x = 5*n+4;
ans = x
#+end_src

#+begin_src matlab :exports results
n = [1:10];
x = 5*n+4;
x + 0
#+end_src

> The export of code works, but the results was not there. My in-line code is
> like this:

There was a little typo in your original block: the keyword is
":exports" with an s.

Dan