Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode screencasts

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode screencasts
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 22:50:59 -0500

On 09/23/2010 10:09 PM, John Hendy wrote:
Wow, Richard. That was sweet. You even have a pleasing "screencaster's
voice."

Agreed with John.  Your voice is perfect for this, and you have
good timing and delivery.

My only thought was along the lines of what one should assume about
org-mode viewers. Familiarity with emacs? No knowledge of emacs? I only
got into emacs because I found org-mode, so my only thought there is
that I might not even have known what "meta" was... I can't recall, but
did you clarify meta = alt on Win/Linux and Command on Mac?

Stuff like that might be helpful. Obviously these won't all be done on a
Mac and some unfamiliar with it might wonder what the Command and carat
symbols are on their own keyboards?

As Erik said -- folding and perhaps adjusting in and out (meta +
left/right). Also, it seems that only the meta or control functions show
up as keystrokes. For example, I thought you said "M-n s" and "M-n w" to
narrow on the tree and then widen the view but I only ever saw one part
of that flash on the screen.

Great, great job. Loved it and think this is exactly what Org could use.
I have a co-worker who just got emacs and org-mode up on his computer
and would love to have something this simple and clear-cut.

Great work, again.
John

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 9:54 PM, Erik Iverson <address@hidden