Re: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] FEATURE REQUEST: send results into file

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] FEATURE REQUEST: send results into file
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 13:54:33 +0200

2010/9/29 Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden>
Rainer,

Rainer M Krug wrote:
> 2010/9/29 Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden>
>> Rainer M Krug wrote:
>> *Side question*, because this is quite important, I think: why are you
>> still using LyX directly?
>
> Because it is easier for me? Don't get me wrong - I really like org mode and
> org babel - I can not imagine working without them (wait - I did that until
> about a year ago...). But for writing papers for publication, other tools
> are more suitable FOR ME: These papers do not include any literate
> programming and no to be executed code, and I really like the interface of
> LyX for writing. More even then a text editor for LaTeX (however advanced or
> not it may be), it does what it is supposed to be doing: to let me
> concentrate on the contents of the paper.

On concentrating on the contents, I find it easier to (as someone to) read:

Because:
- reason 1
- and reason 2

than:

Because:
\begin{itemize}
\item reason 1
\item and reason 2
\end{itemize}

Absolutely - and that is why I am using LyX and not LaTeX: in these regards a LITTLE bit like WYSIWYG, but within the complete LaTeX power and not with "painting" layouts like in word.

Cheers,

Rainer

Same for tables...

That's why I now hate going back to LaTeX. But, I know, habits can be hard to
change.

Best regards,
 Seb

--