[Orgmode] Projects+Next Actions view

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: [Orgmode] Projects+Next Actions view
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 13:03:03 -0500

Hello list,

Another thing that I like about Things
(http://culturedcode.com/things/) is the "Next Actions" view. It
basically lists all projects plus the very first next action for each
of them. When you need some perspective, having quick access to a view
like this is very useful. It also shows any "orphan" tasks (tasks that
don't belong to a project), so you have a nice overview of what you
can do based on your own input.

With org, I have created a Projects view, a tags agenda filter
filtering for non-todo items. I could use follow mode, which is quite
useful, but doesn't give the same uncluttered view Things does with
its next actions view. I was wondering if it would be possible, even
if more elisp would be needed, to create a view like this?

E.x:

* Keep the cat alive :PROJECT:HOME:
 ** TODO Feed the cat

* Feature 2 :PROJECT:FEATURE:
** TODO Run the script

A screenshot of my Things dashboard:
http://i56.tinypic.com/2u4kimh.jpg.  On the right you see the Projects
and Next Actions view. On the left, blurred too, you see first the
projects list and below it the "Areas of Responsibility" list.

Cheers,

Marcelo.