[Orgmode] org-capture adds newline(s) when it should not

From: Marcel van der Boom
Subject: [Orgmode] org-capture adds newline(s) when it should not
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 12:51:03 +0200

Hi all,

I'm in the process of migrating from org-remember to org-capture.
Pretty easy going so far, but it seems org-capture adds newlines, which
I think it should not do.

My (test) capture-template is:

(("t" "Todo" entry
  (file "~/.outlet/GTD.org")
  "* TODO %?" :prepend t :empty-lines 0)

with the intention of inserting the captured task on the
first line of the file ~/.outlet/GTD.org. What happens when I capture
an task is this:

<beginning of file>

* TODO Captured task

<original first line of file here>

Both before and after the task is a newline. Also, when capturing and
cancelling the capture with C-c C-k the newlines remain whereas the
task is removed.

I'm using the latest git version with emacs 24.0.50.1 on Ubuntu 10.10

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

marcel

--
Marcel van der Boom  -- http://hsdev.com/mvdb.vcf11
So! web applications -- http://make-it-so.info