Re: [Orgmode] bug? - can't set effort from agenda

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] bug? - can't set effort from agenda
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 17:45:59 +0200

On Oct 25, 2010, at 4:29 PM, George Pearson wrote:

On 25 Oct 2010 at 8:12, Carsten Dominik wrote:

Hi George,

why do you keep us guessing about your setup and file.  Post
your setup and an example file (as minimal as possible).
You really do not give us *anything* to hook on to.

I was really too harsh here, my apologies.

However, what we still need is this:

Make your file as small as possible so that it still repeats the bug.

So like

#+STARTUP: odd
#+STARTUP: hidestars
#+STARTUP: logdone
#+SEQ_TODO: TODO NEXT PENDING | DONE(d!) CANCELLED(c@)
#+TAGS:       [redacted]

* TODO some task
* something with a date
 <2010-10-10 Thu>

etc etc.

Then: how do you construct the agenda view? Is it the daily agenda, or a TODO list. What does it look like? In which line is the cursor when you press "e"? Is that line linking to the first task in your org file, or the last?

If I can reproduce a bug, I can fix it (well almost always...).

- Carsten

What else is needed?  My second post contained the output of
org-submit-bug-report and, in the section you quoted below, are
the first lines of master.org (the file referred to in the error)
up until the first headline.