[Orgmode] Re: How do I convert org to OpenOffice?

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: How do I convert org to OpenOffice?
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 00:38:01 +0530

Lennart

Interesting that two people are working on org->OpenOffice exporter. The
other person is me.

I made this announcement roughly one week in to the project.
- http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-10/msg00372.html

> I have struggled a bit with various ways to export from org-mode to
> odt. (Thanks for all the tips here.)
>
> And it was not that fun when things gots complicated so I wonder if it
> is better with a direct export. I took the rudimentary exporter in
> muse and started to work a bit on it. I have not done very much yet,
> just the part that puts all things together once the pieces (for
> example content.xml) are there. You can find what I have done so far
> in util/org-odt.el in the nXhtml repository.

I started with org-html.el.

I am attaching a test.org and test.odt from my work area (*as it
is*). You will see that following things are taking shape:

1. Table Of Contents (Still not a 'native' Table Of Contents)
2. Various Character Styles
3. Various Paragraph Styles
4. Lists - Numbered, Bulleted, Description
5. Links - Internet Links, Internal Links as Bookmark/Xref
6. An embedded image
7. A simple table with a caption and numbering (you can see that xref to
   table has apparently broken)
8. Various kinds of Footnotes

If you look inside the odt file you will see that meta.xml also taking
shape.

I have adopted an approach of scanning various features rather than
solidifying the given feature. So the appearance could be flattering.

Jambunathan K.

Attachments: test.org (as plain), test.odt (as zip)