Re: [Orgmode] Re: moving in the agenda view is slow

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: moving in the agenda view is slow
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 15:01:33 -0500

Rainer Stengele <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am 28.11.2010 01:30, schrieb Nick Dokos:
> > Rainer Stengele<address@hidden>  wrote:

> >> ok, I did, getting
> >>
> >> org-agenda-next-line                                          10
> >>    0.864912      0.0864912
> >> org-unhighlight                                               14
> >>    0.0008759999  6.257...e-05
> >> org-detach-overlay                                            14
> >>    0.0006229999  4.449...e-05
> >> org-agenda-do-context-action                                  10
> >>    0.000274      2.74e-05
> >> org-get-at-bol                                                10
> >>    9.400...e-05  9.400...e-06
> >> org-agenda-post-command-hook                                  14
> >>    7.5e-05       5.357...e-06
> >>
> >> for 10 "next-lines", all in the agenda block of
> >>
> >> Monday     29 November 2010 W48
> >>
> >> which means there is no date crossing.
> >> What can I do to detail org-agenda-next-line?
> >>
> > Apparently, you didn't read my mail carefully enough: see above.
> >
> > Nick
> Nick,
>
> sorry if I misunderstand, I tried again and get this:
>
> which probably is not what we expect to see?
> What I do is:
> being in the agenda I enter
> M-x elp-instrument-function <RET> next-line <RET>
> then enter "n" once and get:
>
> next-line      1           0.016         0.016
>
> Thats really all I get.  No more line than this one.

I just tried the following sequence:

o Start a new emacs
o M-x elp-instrument-package <RET> org <RET>
o M-x elp-instrument-function <RET> next-line <RET>
o C-c a a to get an agenda
o M-x elp-reset-all
o Press "n" 11 times (I just went over all the items for today).
o M-x elp-results

and I get the following results:

org-agenda-next-line                                          11
0.0126380000  0.0011489090
org-agenda-do-context-action                                  11
0.0073120000  0.0006647272
org-display-outline-path                                      10
0.006614      0.0006614
next-line                                                     11
0.005075      0.0004613636
org-get-outline-path                                          10
0.0028759999  0.0002875999
org-up-heading-safe                                           20
0.0023870000  0.0001193500
org-back-to-heading                                           20
0.000652      3.26e-05
org-format-outline-path                                       10
0.0003160000  3.16e-05
org-unhighlight                                               12
0.00023       1.916...e-05
org-outline-level                                             30
0.0001790000  5.966...e-06
org-add-props                                                 10
7.199...e-05  7.199...e-06
org-get-at-bol                                                11          6e-05
        5.454...e-06
org-detach-overlay                                            12
5.600...e-05  4.666...e-06
org-agenda-post-command-hook                                  12
4.199...e-05  3.499...e-06

Can you try this and let me know if it's not working the same way?

Thanks,
Nick

PS Incidentally, note that in my case the next-line times account for
about 40% of the org-agenda-next-line times: the other 60% is accounted
for by org-agenda-do-context-action. In your original profile, the latter
was insignificant: that's why I'd like to see the next-line results.