[Orgmode] [mobileorg-android] sync error, sdcard, index.org was not foun

From: Martin G. Skjæveland
Subject: [Orgmode] [mobileorg-android] sync error, sdcard, index.org was not found
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 10:33:41 +0100

Hi,

I just got myself a HTC Z, but I cannot get mobileorg to sync. The error message I get when pressing the sync button is:

  The file /sdcard/dropbox/org/index.org was not found.

Here is what I did to get the error:

- Installed Dropbox from Android Market. (Downloaded org-files to /sdcard/dropbox/org/. This I have checked with a file manager.)
- Installed MobileOrg from Android Market. (Version 0.4.7, it says.)
- Setup MobileOrg:
  - Synchronization Mode: SDCard
  - Full local path to your index.org file: /sdcard/dropbox/org/index.org
  - Storage Mode: sdcard

Originally I had no index.org file (should I have had one?) so I created one. I'm guessing that that this might be the problem? It says on [1] that index.org will be created, but it is not clear if this also goes for local system setup (and not WebDAV). My index.org file looks like this:

 * [[work.org][work]]
 * [[home.org][home]]

The instructions on mobileorg-android's page [2] are not completely clear. Have I done all the necessary preparations?

Thanks!

Martin

[1] https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/wiki/SetupNotes
[2] https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/wiki/