[Orgmode] Re: org-mode gnus integration across two machines when using n

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-mode gnus integration across two machines when using nnimap
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 21:58:14 -0500

Greg Troxel <address@hidden> writes:

>   Basically, when reading an email (in gnus, in wl, in other emacs MUAs
>   possibly), type "C-c l" (org-store-link) which will /store/ a link to
>   that email ("store" is the wrong word, in my view; it should arguably be
>   "make" or "create" or "define" or ... but that's neither here nor
>   there).  You can then put that link in an org file with "C-c C-l RET"
>   (org-store-link, accepting the default which should be the last link you
>   stored).
>
> Perhaps my capture setup isn't fancy enough, but I think it would be
> nice if the default for capture when invoked from gnus were to grab the
> gnus link and insert it in the body of the new org headline.

That's what the "%a" is for in the capture template.

,----[ from C-h v org-capture-templates ]
|   %a          annotation, normally the link created with `org-store-link'
`----

However, the default setup (i.e., when org-capture-templates is nil)
also grabs the link:

,----[ org-capture.el (1110-1101) ]
|     ;; Use an arbitrary default template
|     '("t" "Task" entry (file+headline "" "Tasks") "* TODO %?\n  %u\n  %a")))
`----

Here's what happened when I used the default template on your email:

** TODO
   [2010-12-01 Wed]
   [[gnus:address@hidden Troxel: Re: Re: org-mode gnus integration across two
machines when using nnimap]]

But perhaps I misunderstand what you mean by the body of the default
gnus headline. Here's a simple template for capturing a link in a
headline:

("l" "link" entry
 (file "~/org/inbox.org")

Do you have org-gnus in activated in org-modules (the default)?

Best,
Matt