[Orgmode] [org-babel-R] Help: In converting an .org file to pdf, do I ne

From: Sunny Srivastava
Subject: [Orgmode] [org-babel-R] Help: In converting an .org file to pdf, do I need to re-run the R code even if I ran them previously?
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 04:05:14 -0500

Hello Org-moders:

I am trying to use org-mode, instead of Sweave, to write a report for a statistical analysis. During the process of writing, I prefer to export the org file to pdf to see the output (for sanity check). However, every time I do this, I get a question in minibuffer to choose if I want to "run the R code". I have three questions related to this:

1. Can I turn this feature off and let "org-babel-R" (sorry if this is something else) automatically choose YES if the code has not been run already and NO if the code has been already run.

2. Currently, if the code was run already, I choose NO. I am assuming this won't affect the results. Am I correct? (If I change something in the code I run it using C-c in org-mode before exporting it to pdf)

3. Is there a way to know which R code chunk is "org-babel-R" asking to run, when it asks the question about running the R code.

I looked in the uses of org-babel-R webpage on worg, but could not see anything related to this. Sorry if I missed something or the query is too basic.

Thank you.

Regards,
S.