Re: [Orgmode] Orgmode and Unicode characters

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Orgmode and Unicode characters
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 07:58:01 -0700

My only worry on this front is that I know how to type "|" and "-" for
tables, and how to type "*" for headings, but I don't have an easy way
to type utf8 characters.

If Org-mode starts using exotic utf8 characters which can not easily be
typed from outside of Org-mode then it loses some of the "it's all plain
text" appeal.

I agree with Darlan that something using Emacs display functionality
(like used by org-pretty-entities) could be preferable because it would
preserve the underlying text.

Best -- Eric