[Orgmode] Re: Dumb question

From: Charles Cave
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Dumb question
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 22:09:20 +0000 (UTC)

Alawin <alainwinter <at> free.fr> writes:

> Is there a way to print the orgmode help docstring fully expanded ?

First of all, please use the subject line of your message to give
a summary of your question.

And second .. don't put yourself down! Someone else may have the same
question but were too shy to ask.

Now to answer your question. Are you taking about the Help window
that is displayed? For example, if I want to get help on
org-capture I type the commands:

C-h f

   I am prompted for a function name  "describe function: "

org-capture

    A help window is displayed

If I wanted to print this window I would:
1. Copy the text in that window

C-x h    (select buffer)
Copy   9from the menu

Open a new Word document  (I run GNU Emacs on Windows)
Paste the text
Print the document

Alternatively you could save the help window to a text file
then print the text file. What operating system are you using?

C-x C-w
     You are asked for a file name
myhelp.txt  (or whatever name you want)

I hope this helps.