[Orgmode] Re: MobileOrg Android 0.4.5

From: Gour
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: MobileOrg Android 0.4.5
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 06:31:44 +0100

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 13:31:53 -0500
>>>>>> "Matthew" == Matthew Jones wrote:

Matthew> Hey Gour, it's hard for me to recommend a device to anyone
Matthew> since they are usually based on regional availability and
Matthew> You should know that MobileOrg works
Matthew> exactly the same on all devices from Android 1.5 - 2.2+ and,
Matthew> unless things are going to change dramatically, I wouldn't
Matthew> expect it to work any different on 2.3+

That's nice to hear.

Matthew> There are some things that I really like to have... like a
Matthew> physical keyboard, and I require the ability to root the phone
Matthew> and have the option of installing whatever ROM I see fit.

I'm not sure about the latter, but having keyboard is also appealing
to me and yesterday I found out about the new Samsung Galaxy 551
(something like Galaxy 3 with qwerty.)

Matthew> Having said that, my wife just got a Samsung Fascinate
Matthew> (Verizon's Galaxy S) and it is a killer phone...

It's available here as well, but I'm curious if Swype is decent
replacement for a keyboard?

Matthew> Whatever device you get it is likely to come with the Gmail
Matthew> and regular email app.... I don't think you can buy an Android
Matthew> phone that will not at least let you set up an
Matthew> IMAP/POP/Exchange email account on.

Good...and I avoid using Gmail...

Thank you for your input and, of course, for giving us MobileOrg. ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: CDBF17CA