[Orgmode] Re: [babel] ob-web

From: Srinivas
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] ob-web
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 17:26:18 +0000 (UTC)

I don't know if anyone in this community has heard of REBOL (http://
www.rebol.com).

REBOL seems ideally suited for such scripting tasks. For example, the page
(http://www.rebol.com/oneliners.html) lists a number of one liners that show
the potential.

Here is a oneliner (#6 from the oneliners.html) to Save web page text to a file:

remove-each tag page: load/markup http://www.rebol.com [tag? tag] write
%page.txt page

REBOL is cross platform and is under 1MB. Having support for REBOL in Babel may
be useful.

Disclaimer: I have no connection to REBOL's development. I have used it as a
portable solution for producing HTML documentation from plain text (Makedoc -
http://www.rebol.net/docs/makedoc/fastmd.html).

- Srinivas