Re: [Orgmode] Wishlist: let org-refile find buffers that have been renam

From: Nathan Neff
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Wishlist: let org-refile find buffers that have been renamed
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 00:05:48 -0600

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 8:53 PM, Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 December 2010 06:08 PM, Hsiu-Khuern Tang wrote:
>>
>> Hi Samuel,
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestion.  I just tried it, and it does a nice job
>> choosing easy-to-identify buffer names.  But those buffer names again
>> do not come up for selection by C-c C-w (org-refile).

I'm going to try this tomorrow, but in case it doesn't work with C-c C-w,
I would like to vote +1 for this feature.

I have a wiki (in org-mode) and my personal notes (in org-mode) and
they're stored in different directories.  I also have common filenames
like this:

wiki/grails.org
wiki/groovy.org
wiki/vim.org

and

personal/grails.org
personal/groovy.org
personal/vim.org

I resolve this problem currently by refiling my personal items first,
then refiling
my wiki last.  I have two custom methods that set my refile target to
my wiki or my personal directory.  I run njn/set-refile-personal when
I want to refile to my personal directory, and I run
njn/set-refile-notesmine when I want to refile to my wiki.

 (defun njn/set-refile-personal()
    (interactive)
    (setq org-refile-targets
          (quote ((njn/personal-org-files :maxlevel . 5))))
  )

  (defun njn/set-refile-notesmine()
    (interactive)
    (setq org-refile-targets
          (quote
            (njn/notesmine-org-files :maxlevel . 5)))
  )

Anyway, I would love it if I didn't have to do it this way, and I'll
check out uniquify tomorrow.

Maybe a solution would be to use a file-property to give a buffer an
alias when refiling?  Like this:

-------- wiki/grails.org
#+refile-alias: WGrails

-------- personal/grails.org would just use "grails.org"