[Orgmode] [org-beamer] Question: How to insert different background imag

From: Sunny Srivastava
Subject: [Orgmode] [org-beamer] Question: How to insert different background images on different frames
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 16:48:34 -0500

Hello Org-mode users:

I am still a beginner with org-mode and I am trying to make my first beamer presentation using org-mode exclusively. I had my moments of enlightenment but at the moment I am stuck, please bear with me if my question is very basic.

I want to include different background images for different frames. The beamer solution is to use \usebackgroundtemplate.

Let's say I want to insert the image on the 2nd frame, I would write the latex code as follows:

\end{frame}   %% frame 1 ends

% Now we install the new template for the following frames:

\usebackgroundtemplate{
          \includegraphics[width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]{my_background_image.png}

\begin{frame} %% frame 2 begins

%% This frame will have my_background_image as the background image.

\end{frame}

% Now we install another template, effective from now on, we will use a different background image
\usebackgroundtemplate{
            \includegraphics[width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]{my_different_image.png}

\begin{frame}

%% This frame will have my_different_image as the background image.

\end{frame}

For no image we can simply use \usebackgroundtemplate{}.

Currently I tried to replicate this in org by doing something like this

* frame 1
  - item1
  - item2

#+begin_latex
\usebackgroundtemplate{
          \includegraphics[width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]{my_background_image.png}
#+begin_latex

* frame 2

This inserts the latex statement before \end{frame} (as expected). Is there a way to get the statement after \end{frame} in the exported .tex file? It would be even better if I can avoid using latex and let org handle this.

I am sorry for such a basic query.

Thanks in advance for any pointers of help. Much appreciated.

Best Regards,
S.