Re: [Orgmode] Bug: tags grouping not working

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug: tags grouping not working
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 11:09:30 +0100

On Jan 25, 2011, at 7:03 PM, Jason Dunsmore wrote:

Benjamin Andresen <address@hidden> writes:

Hey there,

I've just upgraded to the latest org-mode HEAD and noticed that the tag behavior changed. (It now sorts entries, except now grouping is broken.)

This is how it used to work:
(Assume "#+TAGS: { foo(f) bar(b) } quux(q)" for all of this.)

* Foo :foo:

now using M-x org-set-tags-command and pressing 'b' will result in:

* Foo :bar:

now selecting 'q' in the same prompt will result in:

* Foo :bar:quux:

but instead what will happen is:

* Foo :quux:

The offending commit is:
   commit c7d1e0f997d2aa1043c9cbbf72d03f05195d692e
   Author: Bastien Guerry <address@hidden>
   Date:   Tue Jan 18 00:50:32 2011 +0100

just reverting that piece of code on the current HEAD makes grouping
work again.

best regards,
benny

P.S. Sorry if that has been reported before, I couldn't find any mention
of tags. Also git bisect is handy.

Yep, this commit needs to be reverted.  See my message about this:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-01/msg00942.html

Can you do this Bastien?

Seems Bastien is too busy right now, so I have reverted this commit.

- Carsten