Re: [Orgmode] auto-complete mode with org-mode

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] auto-complete mode with org-mode
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 14:00:59 +0000

phaebz <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> remapped the ac-expand now. There is just one more annoyance: When the
> completions popup-menu gets displayed, for every line that has an
> org-style *heading, the completions line drawn over it starts just
> with the first letter and then an ellipsis "..."
>
> I try to present an org snippet for an example:
>
> #+BEGIN_org-sample
> * first heading
> --- popup-menu starts here ---
> cobra
> c...
> c...
> c...
> c...
> computer
> connection
> --- popup menu ends here ---
> co<point>
>
> some more text
> #+END_org-sample
>
> All lines in the popup menu that start with c..., would be real
> completion candidates, which get folded away because of underlying
> folded org-headings.
>
> Any ideas on this?
>
> Michael Bach

I have the same problem.  I am not sure how the ellipsis are "drawn" in
the buffer but maybe the issue has to do with overlays?  grasping at
straws here... maybe somebody else can help.  it is a slight annoyance
and only happens in org buffers, and only when there are collapsed
headings in the vicinity of where you are typing.

--
Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D)