[Orgmode] Re: Announcing org-contacts, a bbdb-like contact manager for O

From: Wes Hardaker
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Announcing org-contacts, a bbdb-like contact manager for Org
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:24:20 -0800

B> I've played around with it, and I can already see the benefit.  When
B> org-contacts will insinuate into Gnus, that will be a real win.

Ditto!  This will be such a wonderful way to maintain contacts that will
have significant advantages over the elisp based storage mechanisms.  I
frequently need to look up contacts away from emacs and resort to 'grep'
in my .bbdb file as quick hack, which is far less than pretty.  Having
the data in org will mean better export support, better free-form
support, ...

Please keep plugging away at it!

[oh, and I can't wait for the first person to write bbdb-to-org-contacts :-]
--
Wes Hardaker
My Pictures:  http://capturedonearth.com/