Re: [Orgmode] org-babel issue with source blocks and latex block

From: Kieran Healy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-babel issue with source blocks and latex block
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:15:02 -0500

Hi Eric,

On Feb 15, 2011, at 1:49 PM, Eric Schulte wrote:

> This may be possible through the use of the ":results src" header
> argument e.g., the following minimal code block
>
> #+begin_src R :results code
>  8
> #+end_src
>
> evaluates to the following
>
> #+results:
> #+BEGIN_SRC R
> 8
> #+END_SRC

That does work — thank you. But while experimenting with this I found that
while doing

#+begin_src R :results value code :exports both
   x <- c(1:10)
  mean(x)
#+end_src

works as expected, with both code and result wrapped in a minted environment,
replacing mean(x) with summary(x)

#+begin_src R :results value code :exports both
  x <- c(1:10)
  summary(x)
#+end_src

gives this garbled output:

> \begin{minted}[]{R}
> x <- c(1:10)
> summary(x)
> \end{minted}
>
> \end{SRC}
> \begin{SRC}R

This also fails in HTML export, where the corresponding reversed/garbled bit is

Finally, it's still the case that if the code block is preceded by a
#+BEGIN_LaTeX block, e.g.,

> #+BEGIN_LaTeX
> \thispagestyle{kjhgit} % but anything will do it
> #+END_LaTeX

Then R is not called at all and I just get the src block in the exported .tex
or .html file, and no results.

Kieran

--
Kieran Healy :: http://www.kieranhealy.org