[O] Re: Automatic Org-mode mailing list signature -- Was: Let's stick to

From: Nicolas
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 19:22:57 +0100

Hello,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

>> While there are changes to the administration of the mailing list.
>> Would it be difficult to change the list signature from
>>
>> : _______________________________________________
>> : Emacs-orgmode mailing list
>> : Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
>> : address@hidden

>> : __
>> : Emacs-orgmode mailing list
>> : Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
>> : address@hidden
>
> Done -- except that I used "-- ", not "__ ".
>
> "-- " is the standard separator for signatures.

It may be too late, but I don't think it is an adequate solution.
A banner isn't a signature, but now, they look the same, regexp wise.
And as signatures are searched from bottom to top, the banner, being the
first in that order, will be found first.

Thus, now, the banner will be fontified like a signature instead of the
real one. If you try to hide the signature, you will only hide the
banner, and so on.

Nicolas