Re: [O] [Org-contacts] 3 2 1 go?

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: [O] [Org-contacts] 3 2 1 go?
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 10:37:58 +0100

Julien Danjou <address@hidden> writes:
> You can set any properties anyway. Org-contacts just use some of them.
>
> For example I use LOCATION as a property to store my contacts' home
> addresses, which I usually set using C-c M-L provided by
> org-google-maps[1].
>
> Just say out loud what you'd like to do, I'll try to answer or write
> code. :)
>
> [1]  http://julien.danjou.info/google-maps-el.html

That's also very nice thanks.
Well the only thing that I would really love to have is a real working
synchronization mechanism, and a real address book with all the
interesting fields for everyone.

The fields I can also set them myself but maybe would be nice to define
some standard fields which can be set and are automatically recognized.

The once that is done, it would be easier to write some code to
synchronize org-contacts to AddressBook/gmail contacts/vcf and even more
important my android phone.

With org-mobile it might even make sense to update the address book
every time I push something ;)