Re: [O] Custom Agenda View for Projects

From: Josh Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Custom Agenda View for Projects
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 15:55:32 -0700

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 14:35, Christian Zang
<address@hidden> wrote:
> 2011/3/15 Christian Zang <address@hidden>:

> Update: I found the culprit in "org-enforce-todo-dependencies", set to
> nil and all projects labeled as PROJ are displayed again. Have to
> think about why this affects the agenda views in that way...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but:

I think org considers child tasks to be dependencies of the parent
task -- so if a parent task (such as your PROJ) has children, it won't
be displayed in a tags-todo agenda view, because that takes
dependencies into account.

Have you tried just a "tags" view with a match of "TODO=\"PROJ\""?
IIRC this will do what you want.

So it would be:

       ("P" "Projects" tags "TODO=\"PROJ\""
        ((org-agenda-overriding-header "List of Projects")))

-- Josh