Re: [O] Bug: Recurring items NEVER show up in timeline unaccompanied

From: Mark S
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Recurring items NEVER show up in timeline unaccompanied
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 09:38:07 -0800

Hello Carsten et al,

--- On Mon, 3/28/11, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

> The ideal solution would be that the Timeline view
> would process dates exactly like the agenda,
including
> multiple-files, but display them like the traditional
> timeline, with ranges of dates omitted.
This is already possible, by binding the variable
org-agenda-show-all-dates to nil around the call to make
the agenda (for examples using the options section of a
custom agenda command).  So the only missing piece
for
your preferred solution is the determination of starting
dates and end date in  a useful and automatic
way.  Maybe
I can take a look some time this week and see ifthere is a simple way to replace the time line with
something better.

Maybe I spoke too soon. I tried the org-agenda-show-all-dates == nil. Although it worked, without the warning about the month-long gaps it was a bit hard to navigate. It was easier to navigate a full year of complete agenda weeks. Its a shame I'm the only one to have noticed how handy the (L) Timeline feature is ;-) Its output was (is) nice and clean. It was the first thing I tried when I was looking to set up an appointment several months down the road. I suppose I could do my own "recurrences" by hand.

Mark