Re: [O] Re: zotero (or mendeley) integration with org

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [O] Re: zotero (or mendeley) integration with org
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 16:34:26 +0200

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 10:54:58AM +1000, Alan E. Davis wrote:
> I wonder if it would help to use orgmode for bibtex *.bib files.  I think
> comments can be included in those files.

yes. there is a @comment command, but bibtex ignores everything that's not
inside an @<entry>, @string or @preamble command, so that you could create an
org file that contains bibtex entries and use that as your bibliography file.

however, i don't know if biblatex+biber is equally forgiving.

>  Or does it also work the other way
> around, that any file can be used as a bibtex source database?

in essence yes, as long as it's a text file and contains valid bibtex entries.
(note that bibtex isn't unicode-aware; i have no idea how bibtex reacts to files
containing unicode characters in text it's ignoring.)

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments