Re: [O] org-mac-protocol usage under Snow Leopard ?

From: Harold Klingsporn
Subject: Re: [O] org-mac-protocol usage under Snow Leopard ?
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 20:04:08 -0700

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Urs Rau (UK) <address@hidden> wrote:
Gents,

Sorry to come back on this topic for the third time. But I have kept bashing at it and even gone to IRC on freenode to try to get help, but I think I need to re-state where I get stuck and then I will likely get hundreds of answers form the people that are used to applescript or services usage under Snow Leopard?

I am setting up org-mac-protocol as per instructions from https://github.com/claviclaws/org-mac-protocol/blob/master/org-mac-protocol.org

I get stuck trying to "use" it. Under "Usage" it says:

Usage

There are four scripts that can be invoked; org-link, org-link-tabs, org-note, and org-remember. These scripts can be called by various methods, for example, the Script menu in the menu bar, Quicksilver, FastScripts etc.

Well, I don't have a Script menu, or am looking in the wrong place, and I also don't have Quicksilver (extinct?) or Fastscripts installed. The one "odd" bit following the instructions was that there was no "Scripts" dir under my ~/Library dir, but I thought this might be because this is the first time I am trying to setup and use a applescript under my Snow Leopard.

How do I tell the Snow Leopard OS that it needs to trigger the scripts I copied into the correct (?) places under:
~/Library/Scripts/org-link.scpt
                  org-link-tabs.scpt
		  org-remember.scpt
		  org-note.scpt
		  orgQSLib/escape.rb
		           getEmacsClient.scpt
			   getItemMetadata.scpt

What are the key presses or triggers to activate the scripts when I am in Safari or another supported App? I feel like I have done all the work and all should be setup, but I don't know how to trigger it or switch it on?

Thanks.

--
Urs Rau

I just saw this post and hope it isn't still an open issue, but in case it is, take a look at <http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20080315064646576> for advice on how to enable script execution in OS X. Nothing specific to emacs or Org mode.