Re: [O] Request for suggestions including source code

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: Re: [O] Request for suggestions including source code
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 17:29:18 -0500

On 5/4/11 May 4 -5:23 PM, Thomas S. Dye wrote:

> On May 4, 2011, at 11:59 AM, Robert Goldman wrote:
>
>> On 5/4/11 May 4 -4:13 PM, Thomas S. Dye wrote:
>>> Aloha Robert,
>>>
>>> Have a look at the listings and minted packages.  You can specify font
>>> size on a per-document or per-language basis.  I believe listings has an
>>> option to wrap long lines (don't remember this for minted, though).
>>>
>>> The instructions here might be helpful:
>>>
>>> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.html#sec-12_2
>>
>> Hm.  I'm still grappling with this.  I am including many of these
>> examples by using a source snippet (in sh) that goes out and pulls the
>> example out of a source code file.
>>
>> Even after adding
>>
>> #+LaTeX_HEADER \usepackage{listings}
>>
>> and
>>
>> #+src: setup-listings
>>

> Sorry for the confusion.  In the example, the line
>
> #+source: setup-listings
>
> names the source code block that follows.   I don't think it will do
> anything by itself in your document.
>
> That code block named setup-listings contains an example of a listings
> setup that maps Org-mode's output for Emacs Lisp code blocks to
> something listings recognizes.  It can be executed in Org-mode, using
> Babel, to setup the listings export.  After this is done, then the
> example should export correctly.
>
> I'm not sure what is going wrong on your end.  Perhaps
> org-export-latex-custom-lang-environments needs to be configured for the
> language you're using?

Is there any chance that this won't work because I have a source snippet
in one language (sh) that returns as results a source snippet in a
/different/ language (a lisp-like domain-specific language)?  I don't
off-hand see how I can come up with a single label for the source block
that takes this into account....

This may be a weird enough case that I should be aiming at a solution
that is much simpler:  e.g., just figuring out how to change all of my
verbatim environments to use a smaller font or changing the export
behavior so that /all/ verbatim blocks turn into listings blocks.

Best,