[O] Links and visual-line-mode

From: Scott Randby
Subject: [O] Links and visual-line-mode
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 19:32:33 -0400

This is a problem that has been bugging me for some time because I use
visual-line-mode a lot when I'm working on my org-mode files.

Say I have visual-line-mode turned on when I'm editing an org-mode file.
If I do C-c C-l, put in the link address, hit <Enter>, put in a
description, and hit <Enter>, then the long lines in the document are no
longer wrapped even though "(Org Wrap)" still appears on the mode line.
The only way I've been able to get wrapping back is to do M-x
visual-line-mode twice (which is just leaving the mode and then bringing
it back. This is very inconvenient, especially when I want to enter
several links. Is this a bug or is there an easy way to remind Emacs
that it is in visual-line-mode and that it should wrap long lines?

I have org-mode 7.5 on Emacs 23.2.1

Scott Randby