Re: [O] [babel] using #+call for inline results

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] using #+call for inline results
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 09:10:35 +0100

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

>> Yes and no.  I *do* want the effect that is achieved by using an inline
>> block but I do *not* want to write the whole block inline
>
> I find the following pattern
>
>   #+source: big-block
>   #+begin_src emacs-lisp :exports none
>     "something complex"
>   #+end_src
>
>   Here is some text with src_emacs-lisp[:var it=big-block]{it} in the
>   middle.
>
> to be helpful in these situations.

Okay, this is very useful!  It's difficult to get this working with
Octave but I think I have managed it.  It also doesn't allow for
parametrised calls to the source code block but that's easy to simulate
with a two level approach, I think.

For completeness, I've attached a file which shows that it *can* work
but also that it confuses the export of lists (Nicolas?) if the inline
code is in a list item.

[...]

> nope, there is no way to issue an in-line call, although maybe this
> wouldn't be the worst idea if only for the added brevity over an inline
> code block.
>
> I'll put it on my long-term low-priority stack. :)

Brilliant.  Low priority is perfectly fine.  A solution is possible as
it stands and that's what matters!

Thanks,
eric

: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.421.ge734e)