Re: [O] org and microsoft exchange

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] org and microsoft exchange
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 17:44:22 +0100

Matthieu Lemerre <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 18:14:19 +0100, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Matthieu Lemerre <address@hidden> writes:
>>

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > After some digging I found the following setup to share my calendar with
>> > people using outlook.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Matthieu,
>>
>> thanks for this.  I am unable to test it but will likely have to do so
>> at the end of the summer (northern hemisphere) when we are supposedly
>> going to be expected to start using various MS tools for collaboration
>> (yech).  I'll come back to you then! ;-)
>
> Eric,
>
> No problem. But note that currently I am able to synchronize with people
> using Outlook, but not really with Exchange, if that's what you would
> like to do...

I have no idea what I will need to do!  I really am truly ignorant of
the whole MS world other than I know, if push comes to shove, I can
install cygwin and then Emacs when I have to... ;-)

> For the record, here are some other things that I tried/maybe worth
> trying:
>
> - Davmail + thunderbird: allows accessing exchange mail and calendar and
>   syncinc with it, but did not manage to import org ics into that.
>
> - Evolution and the openexchange client may be other things to try.

These two seem to imply using something other than Emacs for my email?
Or have I misunderstood?

> - With a bit of elisp (to implement RFC-2446 compliant export), I think
>   full outlook/exchange compliance could be really doable.

Okay.  I'll keep this in mind although I notice that Bastien has already
asked for a link so maybe this will be done by the time I need it :-)

Thanks again,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.510.g56080)