Re: [O] Maxima session support

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Maxima session support
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 19:23:52 -0600

Hi Derek,

Take a look at org-babel-execute:js in ob-js.el, it performs a check of
the :session header argument, and then either performs external
evaluation as currently implemented in org-babel-execute:maxima, or it
performs session evaluation as you have described.

Implementation may be as simple as passing the "body" of the code block
to the `maxima-send-region' command and returning the results.

Also, you may want to look at the contribution instructions on Worg [1],
because if you are not able to sign the FSF copyright assignment papers
we will not be able to include your contribution.

Best of luck and let me know if I can help in any way -- Eric

Derek Thomas <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been poking around in the ob-maxima.el and maxima.el files and I
> believe that maxima.el provides the commands necessary to simulate
> session support in org-babel.  Unfortunately my elisp skills are
> rudimentary and I don't know how to write a function that when called
> by C-c C-c in the source block will pass each line of the source block
> to the function maxima-send-region and insert the output into the
> results portion of the org file using maxima-insert-last-output (both
> of these functions are provided by maxima.el).  If anyone can point me
> in the right direction for a similar function that I can modify, or
> can provide a commented example of how this would be done, that would
> be great.  Thanks,
>
> Derek

Footnotes:
[1]  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html