Re: [O] Handling errors in command line exporting of agenda?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Handling errors in command line exporting of agenda?
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 13:53:28 -0500

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 1:28 PM, suvayu ali <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 8:12 PM, John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Do you run into the same problem if you one the file before hand in
>>> read only mode? Something like this before the agenda command might
>>> work.
>>>
>>> (find-file-read-only "FILENAME")
>>
>> How would I do this via the command line? Also, it's pulling from
>> about 10 project files, so I'm not sure if I'd have to do this for
>> every file or how that works since the org-batch-agenda command seems
>> to be pulling from all of them. Perhaps there's some way to trigger
>> emacs to think, "Everything is read-only from here out"?
>
> If you can use wildcards to specify your files, it might be possible by
> just one extra call to --eval. Something like this might work:
>
> emacs --batch -l ~/.emacs --eval '(find-file-read-only "<wildcard>" t)' \
>      --eval '(org-batch-agenda "w")' > ~/org/aux/agenda-export.txt

Hmm. That might work. Everything I pull from is in ~/org... could the
wildcard simply be "~/*.org"? Forgive my emacs wildcard ignorance. I
did some filename regexp magic *once* and it took me like two hours to
learn the syntax just to turn camera directory names from 10#_MMDD to
YYYY-MM-DD...

Thanks again,
John