Re: [O] Handling errors in command line exporting of agenda?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Handling errors in command line exporting of agenda?
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 18:17:12 -0400

suvayu ali <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Nick,

> > Not true - if you want wildcards expanded, you have to do it yourself.
> > E.g. C-h f file-expand-wildcards
>
> I should have been more precise. I meant to say in the context of the
> current function or other functions which _accept_ wildcards as valid
> arguments. Of course internally they use file-expand-wildcards, easily
> verified by looking at the source of find-file. :)

No, you were precise enough, but I was too careless to see it (and of
course *knew* that find-file does not expand wildcards, even though the
last time I looked at the code or its doc was probably 20 years ago: I
have an inherent bias to assume that things don't change after I learn
about them :-) ).

You are right about find-file and friends re wildcards. I don't know why
this does not work:

$ emacs --batch --eval '(progn (find-file-read-only "~/lib/org/*.org" t)
(org-batch-agenda "t"))' 2>/dev/null
Global list of TODO items of type: ALL
Available with `N r': (0)ALL

and nothing after it, but when I evaluate (org-batch-agenda "t") in
the running emacs, I get everything.

Nick