Re: [O] Refiling list items

From: Florian Beck
Subject: Re: [O] Refiling list items
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 03:07:18 +0200

Jeff Horn <address@hidden> writes:

>> What would be the specifications of that function? Would it only send
>> the item at point to the end of the headline specified through the
>> refile interface?
>
> I hope its clear that this is all above my head. I know enough to make
> suggestions, but not contribute to implementing them. That makes me a
> free-rider, but a free-rider that recognizes he's at the mercy of
> others' talents.

The thing is, the code I sent you is just that: a shortcut for killing
an item and pasting it at a refile location. Orgs refiling interface
goes to a lot of trouble to do the right thing. Nicolas already
mentioned reparing the list and updating checkboxes, both of which never
was an issue for me.

FWIW, refiling items seems like a natural extension to me. In any case,
it is not about you being able to specify or implement a function. But I
found it very helpful to pick up just enough elisp to automate tasks.

--
Florian Beck