Re: [O] [babel][R] no return values in R code blocks

From: Max Flöttmann
Subject: Re: [O] [babel][R] no return values in R code blocks
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 08:20:29 +0200

Hi Eric,
Thanks for the response.
I pulled the newest org version from the repository, mine was a few weeks old. Now it's returning results correctly.
Cheers,

Max

2011/8/29 Eric Schulte <address@hidden>
Max Flöttmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
> When i run a code block like this using C-c C-c:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC R
> c(1,23,54,5)
> #+END_SRC
>
> I do not get any results.
>
> In older versions of orgmode the result used be a table or vector returned
> by R. Is this a bug, or do I need a new keyword that is not in the
> documentation yet to get the same result?
> I'm using version 7.7 and R2.13.1

When I run your example I do get results.

#+BEGIN_SRC R
c(1,23,54,5)
#+END_SRC

#+results:
|  1 |
| 23 |
| 54 |
|  5 |

So maybe the problem is located somewhere in your configuration.  I
would suggest trying with a minimal configuration by launching emacs
with the -Q option, and then only evaluating the bare minimum of a
config sufficient to add R to the list of languages that Babel attempts
to evaluate.

Best -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte